In a series of errors while updating Windows, here are a few new ones that disappointed users. In this issue, users are unable to install updates due to Windows 10 update error 0x80071160. This error prevents the new update installation from completing.
If you are one of those users, then you should be looking for a way to fix update error 0x80071160. Well, you don’t have to worry anymore. This article has all the solutions that can be used to fix this error on your computer.
So, without wasting any further time, lets’s move forward to the fixes and remove this error from your Windows 10 computer right away.
How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x80071160?
Fix 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
This is the first and most basic method you should use to fix the Windows update errors. Windows has specifically developed this inbuilt tool to fix the update errors on the Windows 10 computers.
Windows Update Troubleshooter can easily fix most Windows Update errors. If you want to fix Windows 10 update error 0x80071160, try this tool first. If that fails, try other solutions.
So, here is how to use this troubleshooting tool on your computer:
- Press Windows + I keys together to open the Settings app.
- Click on the Update & Security.
- Go to the Troubleshoot tab.
- Navigate to the Windows Update section and click on Run the troubleshooter button.
- Now, let the troubleshooter scan your PC and fix the error.
- Once the process is completed, restart your computer.
Check if the update error is removed from your computer or not. If not, then move to the next solution.
Fix 2: Clear SoftwareDistribution Folder to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x80071160
Another solution that you can try to fix Windows 10 update error 0x80071160 is to delete the SoftwareDistribution folder. Helps fix errors when updating Windows computers.
So, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the File Explorer on your computer.
- In the File Explorer, navigate to the given folder:
Fix 3: Manually Reset the Windows Update Components
Resetting Windows Update components often helps fix Windows Update errors and problems. Hence, you can also take this action to fix update error 0x80071160 on Windows 10 computers.
- Now, its time to reregister the BITS and Windows Update Files. So, type these command and press the Enter key after each command:
Fix 4: Manually Download and Install the Windows Update
If you still can’t resolve Windows Update error code 0x80071160, install Windows Update manually using the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Press Windows + I> select Update & Security> I go to the Windows Update tab.
On the Windows Update tab, click View update history.
Visit the official Microsoft Update Catalog.
Now type KB update in the search box and hit enter.
Select the update that meets the system requirements from the list.
Click the Download button.
On the next page, click on the link given at the top of the page.After completing the download process, run the setup to install the update on your computer.
Fix 5: Perform Clean Boot
Sometimes other software installed collides with Windows Update service and causes those errors and problems. In this case, you will need to perform a clean restart of your system.
This loads the computer with minimal startup programs and drivers to avoid software conflicts. If a program or software prevents you from installing the latest updates, run Clean Boot on your system.
Click the Download button.
To do so, follow the given instructions:
- Press the Windows + R key, type MSConfig in the Run text box, and click on the OK button.
- In the System Configuration window, click on the Services tab.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox and click on the Disable All button.
- Now, switch to the Boot tab and check the Safe boot checkbox.
- Make sure to select the Minimal option for Safe boot under the Boot options section.
- Click on the Apply and OK button.
- Now, the computer will get restarted and enter safe mode.
- Once the computer is started, click on the Windows Start button and then the Settings icon.
Now, you should be able to install the required updates on your computer without confronting the Windows 10 update error code 0x80071160.
Recommended Solution to Keep Your PC Error Free
If you’ve tried everything to fix Windows errors and the problem persists, it obviously means your computer needs an advanced solution. So this is the end of your struggle. Try a computer repair tool.
It is an advanced multifunctional repair tool that fixes the most common Windows errors and problems. It fixes errors like BSOD, DLL, Registers, Applications, Game Errors, and many more. Well no, this tool will also protect your computer from virus/malware threats.
It also optimizes the computer so that users can get maximum performance without lag or stutter.
Windows Update is the most important thing if you don’t want your computer to struggle with performance issues or other errors. However, we all know that every time a new update is distributed, a new bug occurs.
So the error while updating Windows 10 0x80071160 is also one of those errors. However, this guide is sufficient to fix this error 0x80071160 on your computer.
Just follow the solutions given in this guide. In no time, your computer will be free of these errors and you will be able to complete Windows update without experiencing any such problem.
If your Windows 10 computer is still getting update error 0x80071160 even after following this guide, please let us know on our social media which handles Facebook and Twitter. We will do our best to fix this error.