Pluto is a free online television service that declares over 75 live TV channels. There are various on-demand shows aired daily on Pluto TV. The critical question is, how do I activate Pluto TV? First, it good to note that Pluto TV activation is cost-free.
This means the activation process does not need you to spend for anything. Another thing to be informed of is that Pluto TV can work on Smart TV, Chromecast, and even the PS4. Although, activation for all these projects will vary a bit. Follow the steps listed below to activate the Pluto TV account.
Can I activate Pluto TV on Roku?
You can easily go through the Pluto TV activate process on Roku. All you need to do is provide the device for activation and follow the steps below;
- Connect your power cables, turn on your Roku and then complete the initial setup if you had not.
- Get down the given channel activation code for Pluto TV.
- Select the cast screen option to cast the Pluto TV screen. Head to Settings on your device and tap on options, display, and lights.
- You will be prompted to provide an activation code. Enter the code given above (refer to Step 2) to complete the activation.
- Choose the name of the Roku streaming device and complete the activation process.
How to get Pluto TV on your smart TV?
The activation across different brands of Smart TVs is pretty much the same. The steps are listed here;
- Install Pluto TV on your smart TV.
- Launch the guide
- Go to channel 02. You can also opt to click on the activate button. It is located on the left side of the Pluto TV guide.
- A six-digit activation code for Pluto TV will be displayed on the screen.
- On your mobile device or computer, go to the activate page on the My Pluto app. If you are not yet logged in, follow this link Pluto. tv/activate and enter your activation code to activate Pluto on your Smart TV.
The activation process is still the same for other devices such as Amazon Firestick. All you need to do is go to channel 02 on the guide. The activation code for Pluto TV will be displayed. Please copy the code and later insert it on your activating device. This could be your phone or computer. Visit the following links depending on the device.
- For Firestick users Pluto.tv/activate/firestick
- For PS4 users Pluto.tv/activate/ps4
After entering the code, you will have successfully activated Pluto TV on your device.
Pluto TV also allows users to unpair the activated device when it is no longer in use. Simply head to My Pluto on your Pluto TV app. Click on Activate and select the device. Tap x to unpair the device. This will unlink your smartphone from the other device connected to Pluto TV.
How to activate Pluto TV
You can activate your Pluto TV account to pair it with supported devices to turn your phone into a remote control for Pluto. Those devices, currently, are Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and PlayStation 4.
Here are the steps for activating your Pluto account on those devices.
- On your TV, visit Channel 02 in the Roku guide or click Activate on the left side of the guide.
- Get the six-digit code from the top of the screen.
- Then on your phone, if you’re logged in to MyPluto.
- Tap Activate
- Enter the code from step 2
- If you’re not logged in, visit My.Pluto.Tv/activate and follow the steps on the screen.
Pluto TV reviews
While there continues a ton of Pluto TV reviews out there, the ones that exist are mostly positive about the free TV streaming service.
PC Mag says, “Pluto TV is a potentially viable solution for people who don’t want to completely close the door on cable, but more importantly, don’t want to pay for the privilege.” Their review cautions potential users, “Anyone looking for a viable replacement to cable with an internet-based live TV service may be underwhelmed by Pluto TV.” They think the service could use a bit of a redesign, too, saying, “Pluto TV needs to polish its interfaces and channel guides. The exclusion of DVR features is notable too, but not surprising given that it is free.”
Clark.com says, “If you have decided that you’re going to quit paying for cable TV and subscription streaming services, I think Pluto TV needs serious consideration as a part of your free streaming content mix. There is a strong selection of cable-worthy content on this platform, and the barrier to giving it a trial run is extremely low.”
Pluto TV internet speed requirements
Pluto TV doesn’t provide specific guidelines about internet speed for its service. In its help section, the company says, “Having a fast connection (faster than 5Mb) is certainly great, but having a ‘stable’ connection can be just as important, so that super-fast WiFi connection drops out for a 1/2 second and that will cause playback issues.”
Is Pluto TV worth it?
Since Pluto TV is free, your question may be, “Can I use Pluto TV to replace cable?” The answer is: Sort of. Pluto TV provides some programming you may enjoy if you’re satisfied with older movies and shows. But if you want a true cable TV replacement, you may need to supplement Pluto TV with other streaming services.
Leave a Reply