There are two types of speakers, namely active and passive. Active speakers or powered speakers have in-built amplifiers, and these speakers can be connected directly to a mixing board, whereas the best passive soundbars or non-powered receivers need AV receivers or external amplifiers. These speakers lack inputs and digital signal processing.
But due to their compatibility and flexibility, passive speakers are always in demand. You can select your receiver and amplifier, connect more type and number of sources, decode a large number of audio formats, and play with various soundbar settings and subwoofer. While choosing a soundbar, consider many features such as functionality, power, and its way to connect.
Additionally, pay attention to subwoofer type, number of channels, interface, and wireless communication. With the analysis of sound, features, design, and technology, we are introducing some of the best passive soundbars in the market that are cost-effective and meet your requirements at an affordable price.
Read our latest guide about the Best Soundbars Under $300
How to Choose the Best Passive Soundbars in 2020
The passive soundbar durability is directly based on the manufacturing process and the materials used in its construction. Don’t go for cheap ones and always choose the quality product.
Passive soundbars are available in many sizes, like most other products. This is your preference to choose the large or small one. First, think where you want to use the soundbar and then determine the size according to your requirement.
The material used in manufacturing the passive soundbar depends on the manufacturer. Choose the passive soundbar with sturdy and quality material for enhanced life.
Price and Reviews
Price is a vital factor to consider, but it is not the only thing you look for while choosing a passive soundbar. The cost of the product should justify its value. Always compare the price of the same product on different websites to get a fair price.
Like other products, the passive soundbar also comes in a variety of colors if you are fond of any color than pick the one but also consider whether the soundbar color has any effect on its operation efficiency.
The weight and size of the passive soundbar should be considered if you need to store it anytime. Pay attention to the climate type while saving a passive soundbar.
Ensure that a manufacturer’s warranty backs the passive soundbar you are buying. Choose the one with the maximum warranty as you don’t have to worry about the issues if they happen in the future. Go for the authorized dealer when buying a passive soundbar for your home. In this way, you will get additional support from the dealer along with the manufacturer.
Placement of the soundbar is also an important factor to consider. Pay attention to the place where you are going to mount it, whether it is a table, a wall, or a media console. The passive soundbar should fit in the installation that you have already planned. Take into account the room size because the bar power must be proportional to the size of the room.
Most of the soundbars are Bluetooth/ Wi-Fi enabled, so it is easy to stream music from any device like a phone, computer, or tablet. Check for HDMI switching so you can easily switch audio sources without the need of re-routing HDMI cables.
Read our latest guide about: How to Connect Soundbar to TV – Setup Guide
Top 5 Best Passive SoundBars in 2020 Reviews
|1. VIZIO 2.1 Sound Bar SB3621|| – Experience room-filling bass with a wireless woofer|
– 100dB audio quality
– Less than 1% harmonic distortion
|Best soundbar entertainment|
|2. Soundbar, TaoTronics Audio Speaker for TV||– Three equalizer modes|
– Control soundbar remotely
– Connect multiple wired or wireless connections
– Sleek 32-Inch appealing design
|Best affordable soundbar|
|3. KEF HTF8003 Sound Bar Speaker||– Stylish aluminum enclosure|
– Spring-loaded terminals
– A thin profile and attractive design
|Best soundbar for value|
|4. Martin Logan Motion SLM X3||– Three folded motion transducer|
– Compatible with 8, 6, and 4-ohm amplifiers
– Six paper cone low-frequency transducers
|Best features soundbar|
|5. Dayton Audio BS36 36″ LCR Speaker||– Perfect for LCD or plasma TV installation|
– Great for limited space theater applications
– Black high gloss finish
|Best acoustics soundbar|
1. VIZIO 2.1 Sound Bar SB3621 – Best soundbar entertainment
VIZIO 36″ 2.1 soundbars are designed to accompany 40 inches and above class television. The product will boost your TV audio so you can enjoy full audio clarity. You can enjoy your favorite music with this soundbar as it comes with the built-in Bluetooth capacity. So you can stream your favorite song from any compatible music player or your smartphone. It’s time to lift to the premium audio that delivers to 100 dB of sound with as minimum as 1% total harmonic distortion. The wireless subwoofer offers room-filling audio with deep thumping bass. You can enjoy sports, shows, and movies with the better audio experience. This all takes a few seconds, and you can enjoy music anywhere in the room.
VIZIO 36″ 2.1 soundbar comes with a minimalistic design that complements your television, and you can use it anywhere in your home. It comes with easy installation, and all the required audio cables are included in the installation box. The compact size and affordable price make it one of the favorite soundbars available in the market.
- Wireless subwoofer makes you experience room-filling bass
- DTS virtual for an immersive sound experience
- Enjoy music from your tablet, smartphone, and other devices via Bluetooth
- 100 dB room-filling audio quality with crystal clear sound and less than 1% harmonic distortion
- Simple installation, all cables included
- Audio enhancement technology
- Affordable price
- LED display can be better
2. Soundbar, TaoTronics Audio Speaker for TV – Best affordable soundbar
TaoTronics audio speaker boasts of three distinct equalizer modes, namely music mode, games mode, and movie mode. You can use the remote control to enjoy your favorite sound. The sleek 32″ design is appealing, and these dimensions save your valuable space. The remote control allows you to handle the different functions of your soundbar sitting comfortably on your couch.
You can directly use the device functions by repeatedly clicking the power button switches, and the LED screen will display the current function. The soundbar allows you to connect multiple wired and wireless connections easily via Bluetooth 4.2, RCA, standard audio cable connection, and optical input.
- Powerful speakers deliver room-filling high-end sound
- Connect multiple wired or wireless connections via Bluetooth 4.2, cable, optical input or RCA
- Three equalizer modes
- Control soundbar remotely
- Sleek 32-Inch appealing design
- Corded electric
- Space saver
3. KEF HTF8003 Sound Bar Speaker – Best soundbar for value
Now a day’s flat-panel television seeks audio solutions that can complement the stylish looks and reproduce the superior quality audio from movie soundtracks. For this purpose, the KEF HTF8003 has an excellent combination of audio performance and stylish good looks.
KEF HTF8003 is a single soundbar with stylish exterior design. This soundbar has a tube like design with glossy black finish, and you can enjoy excellent sound quality in movies. The KEF HTF8003 has an oval-shaped profile, and it is only 3.2 inches deep. The speaker is not particularly heavy, and weight distribution is not as good and made it unstable due to which it tips backward although the rubber pads provide support and make it stable.
KEF HTF8003 soundbar reproduces the soundstage with realism. It comes with a table stand and wall mount bracket, making it a perfect complement to any television model, and the three channels comprise of three-way speaker containing a bass driver, KEF Uni-Q driver, and an ABR. Your home theater will sing with this stylish KEF HTF8003 soundbar.
- Perfectly sized to completed 42″ flat panels or above in depth and width
- A thin profile and attractive design match the extent of the television panel
- The stylish aluminum enclosure of soundbar includes 2-inch woofers and a 3-inch bass
- Include table stand and wall mount bracket
- High quality black gloss finish
- Gold plated high-performance spring-loaded terminals for security
- Separate subwoofer for superior sound
- Small rubber pads for support
- Need AV receiver
4. Martin Logan Motion SLM X3 – Best features soundbar
The SLM X3 soundbars come with three resolutions folded motion tweeters with six 4″ woofers for a low-end controlled extension. This is the three-channel ultra-slim soundbar for thin television. The slender motion soundbar gives center soundstage and stereo. The motion series was developed to provide stunning sound for superior performance stereo or home theater. The powerful folded motion transducer with compact bass technology and the product is incredibly affordable.
The outstanding performance is due to the innovative fiber cone 4″ ultra-slim woofers and high-velocity radiators along with a folded motion tweeter for impressive acoustics that is found typically in more substantial speakers. The Martin Logan SLM X3 is wall mount slim speaker that blends into the room. The high-performance drivers are efficient and deliver the sound for video enthusiasts. It is a reasonably priced soundbar when it comes to superior performance on music and voice. So, enjoy the music, movies, and videos with this high-performance excellent quality soundbar.
- Compatible for versatile mounting on a shelf or wall
- Three folded motion transducer
- Six paper cone low-frequency transducers
- Compatible with 8, 6, and 4-ohm amplifiers
- Suits every television due to a thin profile
- Sleek, slender design elegant speaker
- A compact piece at affordable price
- Black glossy finish looks appealing but requires no efforts to scratch and dust is easily visible on the surface
5. Dayton Audio BS36 36″ LCR Speaker – Best acoustics soundbar
Dayton soundbar comes with spring-loaded terminals (negative and positive) for connecting the wire to each speaker. The sound is distinct, loud, and clean without any problem. The device is made of solid material, and the glossy surface is hard to scrape as it is not much sensitive and fragile.
The BS36 is equipped with optical and analog inputs providing great flexibility to connect any television models. No separate adjustment is allowed for overall bass level and sound volume, but the sound automatically tunes for varying viewing conditions. This is one of the best soundbars when it comes to flexibility and performance.
- Perfect for LCD or plasma TV installation
- Great for limited space theater applications
- Easily connectable to any home theater receiver via right, left and center speaker inputs
- Black high gloss finish
- The small dimensions make it easy to place or hide it behind the television
- Reproduces the room-filling powerful sound
- Affordable option
- Mounts on wall or flat surface
- Music becomes muffled sometimes and restarting can solve this issue
- Mounting hardware is not included in the set, so additional expenses are required to buy
When you seek to buy a passive soundbar for your home, then choose the one with advanced sound technology and find the one that compliments your existing devices, check for Wi-Fi, HDMI, Bluetooth, and AUX capability. A TV screen is another essential factor to consider. A soundbar can be a few inches short than TV width, but it should not be longer. In the above-given list, we recommend VIZIO 36″ 2.1 soundbars because of its stylish exterior and excellent sound quality.